Sunday, June 16, 2013

It Starts June 11th

Oh dear, I've woken up at five in the morning naturally. Damn, that's my consequence for passing out round nine after BWWs with my parents and Tim and Brian last night. The wings were amazing by the way, still have a few leftover for lunch today.

Ah, where are my manners? Hello audience old and new and welcome to my Summer blog. I'm assuming most of you are old readers but perhaps we shall acquire new comrades as we go along. If you are new then I suggest you skim through my Spring Semester and Fall Semester blogs in France since I will be referencing people and events from them. Or don't. I probably wouldn't, there are a lot of fucking posts.

That brings me to an important point, I swear. A lot. In fact I can be rather creative about it, least I think so. Since I am back home in beautiful Chicago and surrounded by my American college friends it will only worsen as the summer progresses. I think of you as on level with American college students thus the swearing will be present. If you can't handle it then do the only rational thing possible on the internet. Leave a raging comment about how my blog should be taken down blah blah blah and how now your ten year old is calling you a mother fucking cunt licker because of my use of words yadda yadda and then wait for my reply in order to once more leave a raging comment. It's a vicious cycle really. Or you could just not read the blog. I wonder which is more fun? Probably the first option.

Anyways back to this beginning this new start to a blog. Uh well I did mention how I had woken up at 5 AM. The cause? Jet lag. Oh it is a bitch indeed for travelers. Especially student travelers as tired as I was yesterday. Did you know that I almost didn't make my second flight because Dublin security refused to open a second line? Hmm I suppose you didn't know but now you do. It's true, the lazy sloths (ouch double the inactivity) caused me to be the last passenger aboard the flight. The check in woman actually said, "You Scale?" Five minutes later the plane took off. At least they had beef pasta for lunch on the flight; didn't have time for BK in Ireland.

Once I landed yesterday I was processed rather quickly through customs. I almost was stuck with the same slow officer that I had dealt with in December but fortunately I was herded to the guy next door. Dodge an apathetic bullet there.

I then found my parents (surprised my mother in fact with a hug) and was taken to the magical place of BWWs. I ate, I drank, I was hugged by Tim and Brian, all before I almost passed out on the bar stool. It was a great first night back.

Now today, yes yes today. I began a rather weighty project that is turning out wonderfully. Since I was up and not able to fall back asleep in the early hours of the day, I decided to start clearing out my closet. I don't have a before picture (trust me it was gruesome) but to give you an idea of how many clothes I decided to chuck into a donation box just look below.

As Miss Steele would say Oh My!
That is the process my poor bed was going through. Guess what that means, I wasn't finished thus not all of my clothes are piled in that photo. However, all is not sad. My efforts continued throughout the day with a bit of laundry thrown in and whatnot. This is the current result in progress of my closet.

Aw yeah that's looking nice!
It's a great start just as this blog is for my summer adventures. Hopefully you'll all stick around to absorb my random activities as I post them onto the internet for reasons unknown. Audience, it should be a bumpy ride with twists and turns. Least I hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment